June, 8th 2016
By Gordon Lister
2005 Mazda 6i
I have personally known Devin for a while, he was a regular at our Monthly Meets while we held them at VL Motorsports in Livermore. This is actually happened to be where we met up before the photo shoot you see before you.
What first got you into modifying car?
My friends in high school were car enthusiasts, and just hanging out with them and going to car shows, spirited drive on back roads really made me want to modify my own.
How long have you owned your Mazda 6 for so far?
I picked it up July 6th 2013.
What made you choose the Mazda 6 over other cars?
It basically fit in with my price range while being a 5 speed manual.
What has been the inspiration behind this build?
I really wanted to build something different, do stuff that not everyone does and push my limits to make things work that nobody thought was possible.
What has been the most fun part of the build?
I would say it has been meeting all the new people and pushing myself to try stuff I couldn't imagine myself doing before.
What has been the worst part of the build?
The first day I maxed out my coilovers static, I cracked my transmission case on a big blue reflector while changing lanes.
What is the favorite modification you've made to the car so far?
It's hard to pick my favorite but it would have to be my air suspension, just because I can still ride low and then park slammed but not break anything in the process!
Do you have any more plans for the car?
Hell yeah! I am just getting started, but you will have to wait and see what I have in store.
Do you have anyone you would like to thank?
There’s honestly so many people to thank I would first like to thank one of my sponsors sfgwraps for hooking it up with the awesome wrap couldn’t be more satisfied with. Also would like to thank BecauseBags for my air install and hooking me up with their universal flat bracket for my tank and compressors, Patrick Elliott and Cody Grenz for helping me piece together my air setup, would like to thank my homie Jimmy Le for talking me into getting the JDM front end and helping me with the fitment issues and Jessica Jso for helping me actually find one that happened to be local to me, and griplow for building my wheels, And my homie Dylan Lechleitner for helping with my wheel fitment issues, A and W Autobody for doing my body work and the custom molded wing. Lastly I want to thank all the people who have put up with my bullshit with this build and have still followed and supported me along the way and those people are Danielle Evans, Sixsquad, Lowlifecrooks, Devin Williams, Josh Winfield, Mason Louis,Patrick Arinden, and many more...
Photos: Gordon Lister
Location: Livermore, CA
- Jdm Front end (sport front bumper, fenders, kenstyle grille, garage vary front lip)
- 3m atomic teal wrap
- Custom molded skylark wing
- Rear led reflectors
- Sport conversion(rear bumper sideskirts and front bumper)
- Weds Kranze Cerberus 1 18x10.5+8 4.5 in lips squared full polished
- 225/35/18 Nankang ns20
- Muteki sr48 black lugnuts
- Tyc headlights with custom strobes and halos
- Custom exhaust 2.5 piping all the way through with a vibrant silent resonator to a 3 in isr blastpipes
- Magic drift universal sideskirt extensions
- Injen Cold Air intake
- Awr motor mount kit
- Tanabe top strut bar
- Ford fusion steeda front and rear endlinks
- Air suspension bag over BC Racing coilovers with UAS bags, Airlift Performance V2 Digital Air Management, 4 gallon seamless tank with BecauseBags universal flat brackets and dual Viair 444c compressors, 1/4 DOT airlines
- Custom fabbed rear camber arms made by michael Rey
- Kicker L7 10”
- 1x 500 watt alpine, 1x 1000w alpine
- Pioneer double din headunit
- Sparco r100 black seat (drivers side only)
- Tsurikawa white train handles
- Silver NRG 2.5 quick release
- Black NRG short hub
- Wooden Grip Royal steering wheel
- Grip Royal horn delete plate
- SPC ball joints